Friday, June 18, 2010

How To get A Curly Afro???

Hi, I'm an African American lad whose had nothing but braids/ cornrows for the past 3 years. I've grown weary of it, and I wanna try an afro. But I don't want the type of afro I'd get with my natural hair; too nappy.



How can I go about getting a curly afro, much like that of one of my guitar-ripping heros Omar Rodriguez Lopez. Reference picture below:



http://www.llik.com/uploaded_images/Omar...



Some say I would have to go to a salon and have my baby permed, which i'm not adverse to doing if it gives me the end results. You tell me, if you have some wealthy knowledge on the subject. Any suggestions would be great, actually. Thanks!



How To get A Curly Afro???

I am an African American female with the same natural texture as your hair. The answer to your question is "CareFree Curls" That is what I use. Some women use "Wave Nouveau" but I prefere CareFree Curls. It will give you the same look that you are looking for. It works the same way as a perm but it is designed for African American hair. It is a three step process.



Step 1 -- you chemically rearange the hair with a cream. This causes the hair to become straigt



Step 2 -- You roll the hair in rollers and apply a bonding solution. The hair will perminatly hold the shape of the rollers you use. So for loose curls use bigger rollers and for tight curls use smaller rollers



Step 3 -- You apply a nutralizing solution to restore the ph and end the chemnical process.



When doing this it is like a perm so you can not wash your hair for 24 hours - 48 hours. After that you are good to go as long as you condition and use a curl activator. You don't need the activator to make your hair curly it just enhances the curl. When your hair gets wet it will not become nappy and it will dry curly.



I hope this helps you out.



PS. You do not have to shave your head but you can not have a relaxer or the chemical reaction will cause your hair to fall out.



How To get A Curly Afro???

I am not sure if you ment next monday or this monday. But if you ment this monday I must ask you how do you like it? Report It



How To get A Curly Afro???

Oh, it's awesome! Not only do I look like a Roman Greco GOD, but the ladies are coming on stronger than ever! Thanks for the little reaffirmation I needed to get this onslaught started! : -) Report It



How To get A Curly Afro???

While I'm not African American, I think that the logical solution is to shave your head completely and let it grow naturally.



How To get A Curly Afro???

I always thought that kind of hair, when grown out and left natural, automatically made an afro.



How To get A Curly Afro???

get a perm.



How To get A Curly Afro???

I'M NOT SURE I'M QUALIFIED TO GIVE YOU THE INFO YOU NEED BECAUSE I AM A WHITE WOMAN. BUT I DO HAVE A PERM TO MAKE MY HAIR CURLY AND I LOVE IT. HOWEVER, IT'S NOT LIKE A BLACK PERSON'S AFRO SO YOU CAN IGNORE THIS IF YOU WANT. IT TAKES A LONG TIME SO PLAN ON SITTING FOR AWHILE AND IT SMELLS LIKE HELL, IN CASE YOU'RE NOT FAMILIAR WITH THEM. IT CAN BE EXPENSIVE, TOO, DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU GO. IT DOES GROW OUT AND YOU HAVE TO GO BACK, I GO ABOUT EVERY FOUR MONTHS OR SO. YOU WILL WANT TO SEE SOMEONE WHOM YOU TRUST BECAUSE IT CAN BE SCREWED UP IF THE STYLIST DOESN'T KNOW ANYTHING. IF IT'S REALLY WHAT YOU WANT I WOULD GO FOR IT. HAVE FUN!



How To get A Curly Afro???

dude i wanna know that too



i want mine like percy daggs from veronica mars



ive been told to just let it grow ... put in a light texturizer and then curl activator ...



but im scared to try it after months of hair growth, i dont wanna mess it up



href="http://content.answers.com/main/...



theres the link to what i want

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++