Friday, June 18, 2010

What are the best products or treaments for African American hair that is damaged?

I am Black mixed with Indian. My hair is breaking and is extremly damaged. Sometimes my hair is fine and sometimes it gets somewhat nappy from some things i use on it. I am trying to stop breakage and promote growth and healthy hair. I have a relaxer, but I think that starting breaking my hair in the first place. It hurts just to comb my hair, not that it is tangled. But my roots hurt. My hair is constantly just breaking and coming out when I comb it. To grow out the relaxer would be and extremly long and hard process.



Does anyone know of any *working* products to use on African American hair. My hair is easily weighed down, so I need something light. I haved tried alomost every shampoo in the stores.



---%26gt;Please, if you know of any treatments/products please inform me.



Feel free to email me anything you might not want to share with alot of other people at msz.auhtentik@yahoo.



What are the best products or treaments for African American hair that is damaged?

I agree with Sunshineview !!!



But if you really want to do it yourself at home...



This is what you need (read carefully, its alot, but it will change everything!). You need to make sure you hair has MOISTURE (is moisturized) ...



I use "Just For Me" kids relaxer (Im 21, but Mixed, so I can't use the strong adult African-American perms because they break my hair.) Its always better to use a weaker perm for your hair than a really strong one. A perm/relaxer that is too stong is the major cause in hair weakness, breakage %26amp; drying (its a sign of over-processing). I advise that you choose the best for you (Your Choice) but make sure its not too strong. Dont buy the strongest one on the market. Start weak and if you need to increase then do it next time around.



I also use "Motions CPR" Conditioning Treatment EVERY week. After you wash your hair, use CPR, put a plastic cap on and sit under a hooded/bonnet hard-hat dryer for 10-15 mins, then wash it out. (This is Deep Conditioning) And this is the BEST thing you can do for weak, thin, dry or damaged hair... hint *CPR (Critical Repair and Treatment). It really does seal you hair cuticles and flood them with protein and moisture. It repairs your hair and make it so much stronger and grow fast too. It also keeps your hair healthy even if it already is. It's great!!!



http://www.motionshair.com/M_products/M_... ...Motions CPR



That will stop the breakage and add moisture. The next thing you need is a Protein Restructurer. Perms/relaxers and other harsh treatments distroy the natural protein-bonds in our hair. This will not rebuild them, but it will resturure the bonds that you do have left. (Thats why its best to use a weaker perm because it doesnt cause as many bonds to break.) Motions has this also and it works really well to start restructuring your hair. Healthy hair will hold moisture better.



http://www.motionshair.com/M_products/M_... ...Protein Restructuror



I get my hair straighten once every season (fall, winter, spring %26amp; summer) so thats also the same time I get my hair trimed. You need to trim your ends too. This is very important to slowly get rid of those dead/split ends which causes moisture lost. Split ends causes your hair to break, because it cant properly hold moisture, which causes your hair cutiles to open wider and break. This makes hair thin from the loss of stands and stunks hair growth. (Split Ends = Dry Hair and Broken Hair !!!)



* Make sure you are being kind to your ENDS, dont use curlers or flat irons unless absolutely nessary (use rollers more). Stay away from the blow-dryers (try to use sit-under dryers). General Rule, "Stay away from HEAT."



http://www.motionshair.com/M_products/M_... ...Leave in Conditioner



http://www.motionshair.com/M_products/M_... ...Greese/hair dress



http://www.motionshair.com/M_products/M_... ...Moisterizer



http://www.doogro.com/vitalizers.html



You can find all of this at Sally's and any Black hair store and most of it at Wal-Mart.



Also our hair is made of protein (all protein), so you may want to look into your diet and make sure you are getting enough. Taking a women's multi-vitamin (or pre-natal) or Biotin everday will make sure you are getting enough of it, along with calcium which our hair also loves. You have to take care of your hair from the inside and out. Hair products take care of the outside. But you also have to check on the inside... your diet! to make sure your hair has what it even needs to grow and thicken.



I hope I have helped.



Shampoo %26amp; Conditioner



http://www.cremeofnature.com/ (Creme of Nature Shampoo %26amp; Conditioner all in one) It's great.



* Dont use Detangling shampoos though (they are good but not what you need), always use Mosterizing shampoos.



If you need any more tips or how-to's send me a note. Good Luck.



What are the best products or treaments for African American hair that is damaged?

how often do you wash your hair and dry it? if you do it too often that can be the reason.



if you want your hair to grow for a while try getting braids. but not micro they will damage it even worst.



get braids and let your hair go with out combing it. once you take the braids out try not to relax it or style it just wear it in a braid for a while. it's going to take a few months but it will allow your hair to grow probably in the quickest time frame and allow it not to be so fragile.



What are the best products or treaments for African American hair that is damaged?

I think you need to find a really good beautician, someone who has been in the business for awhile, Licensed of coarse.Depending just on that over the counter stuff to repair it will ruin your hair!



What are the best products or treaments for African American hair that is damaged?

Hi. I know from personal observation that some people seem to do okay with relaxers, and others don't. I have found that the best way to deal with delicate African American hair is to start with shampoos and conditioners that really moisturize the hair. The brand I use is Northwest Scents. You can find out about these products at http://www.black-hair-growth.info

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++