Friday, June 18, 2010

To Professional Hairdressers(nothing against the average joe just want a good opinion)?

Ok, I'm 14 years old and My mom has cherokee Indian and Itailian in her blood, she has naturally wavy/curly hair so curly that she could take her finger and twist it and a curl would pop out! My dad on the other hand had a father with a very fine wavy set of hair, but his hair turned out nappy. So i'm born with nappy hair even though this seems unlikely, since these hair types are in my blood can i change my nappy/kinky hair to a very wavy or curly set permanently? My mom also has damaged her hair from perms so now her hair is straight and bad and dry, I was wondering if she could damage her hair, could I reverse it and make my hair wavy/curly?



To Professional Hairdressers(nothing against the average joe just want a good opinion)?

You can't change your hair type or texture permanently. All you can do is use chemicals to soften the curl (one option is a texturizer, other is curl reformation - some people still call it a Jeri Curl) or make it stronger, or relax it out completely. Since I don't know what you mean exactly by "nappy" hair, I can't really help you much. Go to a salon and tell the stylist, once she gets a hands on look at your hair, she can give you the best recomendation. Your mother probably needs a protein treatment and frequent deep conditioners.



Ok, since you say your "nappy" hair is like natural ethnic hair, you would go for a texturizer. It softens the curl pattern and creates a strong wave rather than a real CURL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++