Sunday, November 29, 2009

I am an expert hair braider and just moved to LA. How do I start work as no salons seem to be hiring

I have been making micro corn rows, twists, rasta-twists and micro individual braids for 10 years. I see people including celebrities on T.V every day with poorly braided hair and it just grieves my styling instincts. I braid real fast also and my fees are very good. How is it though that people are not interested in salon quality braids and seem to prefer the nappy home options that fuzz over in no time? I am always being asked where I make mine, and even though I tell then I did, it's either they don't believe me, or assume it'll cost a whole lot. It is a good investment though as it saves you a lot of time in the morning and I keep mine for up to 3 months each time. If you know anyone ready to look properly coiffed African braid style, do let me know.



I am an expert hair braider and just moved to LA. How do I start work as no salons seem to be hiring braiders?

Congratulations on your move . Hope everything works out for you . Go to ALL shops with a perfect resume ,and this includes pictures . Buy business cards and leave them at bridal shops , or hand them out when your at a restaurant or coffee shop . Braiding is the one art of styling that i couldn't ace . I am so envious , but I sincerely wish you all the best . Don't give up , even if you have to take a job that doesn't involve hair , this way you can get fellow employees and patrons to come to you , even if you got to their house .. Again , God Bless you on your new adventure and many many happy clients to you !!!!!!



I am an expert hair braider and just moved to LA. How do I start work as no salons seem to be hiring braiders?

what you should do if find the studio's out in LA and do hair for the star's if your that good.. Im sure it would make you $$ there and more clients good luck



I am an expert hair braider and just moved to LA. How do I start work as no salons seem to be hiring braiders?

The best thing I can tell you is that in many salons they might require a type of license, certificate or degree in the field of cosmetology. It lets them know that you're qualified to work for them. And generally they require that you know more than braiding, but want to know you can do more than one type of hair style. In most salons, people want their hair cut, or styled.



Or, you could even consider opening your own business and start out by making it popular by "word of mouth". You advertise, do one persons hair, they're so satisfied they tell a friend, and make it clear you want to be referred if your customers are satisfied...



A lot of hair salons will do basic braiding, but not all are so great at specific types of hair styles. There are different types of hair stylists. Those who work in regular salons, hollywood hair stylists, and those specific hair styles might be more popular in a hollywood setting. If you want to make it up there, check out online (google it) see how you can get where you want to be. "How do I become a hollywood hair stylist".



Or, consider what target of people will most likely want the hair styles you have to offer. If you're talented in a specific type, what majority of people usually care for this hair style? Consider the area you're trying to find work in. In Los Angeles for instance, there is a great deal Hispanic/Asian population. Some African American, some European American, (ect). But it varies in different areas.



Sometimes specific hair types work with different styles. I'd love to have simple braids but my hair isn't made for braiding. In fact, it looks like crap. So there are a lot of things you have to consider when you want to apply a talent to a job or future career.



What you should figure out is the best way to apply your talent and turn it into a career, if you wish to make a career out of it. There are A LOT of successful hair stylists working in Hollywood, and other places. I think living in California is the best place to be since fashion and style are most emphasized.



And cosmetics are very popular in America in general. But I think the closer you get to hollywood, the more people might care about cosmetics, fashion, hair styling (et cetera). So you already know you're probably in a good area to get started.



Consider your surroundings. If you want to open a business, you may need a type of degree which isn't too hard to get. You could start out at a regular salon, or do a simple program to get your certificate in cosmetology so you can get a basic job, work on a business certificate or degree and open up your own business. Sometimes people even do it in their own homes as personal hair stylists, and are referred through advertisement or word of mouth by satisfied customers.



There's a lot of ways you can do it. And remember, sometimes it's not always what you know, it's who you know. Do you have connections with hair stylists? I'd look into contacting a few, visiting a few popular salons and even asking around. Though they're probably not used to getting asked questions, but it might help. Look around and ask if different salons have open positions and what the requirements are. There are always job openings.



You can even try job sites and list the specific job you're looking for and set up a resume. The internet is a GREAT tool! Well, good luck!



I am an expert hair braider and just moved to LA. How do I start work as no salons seem to be hiring braiders?

Flyers and bussiness cards.



I am an expert hair braider and just moved to LA. How do I start work as no salons seem to be hiring braiders?

ypu could get a permit to open your own business



btw i wish i could braid like you my braiding suks :p



I am an expert hair braider and just moved to LA. How do I start work as no salons seem to be hiring braiders?

i sure wish u were in wisconsin. my daughter has the worst hair and noone seems to know how to braid hair around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++