Sunday, November 29, 2009

Considering locs (Dreadlocs or SisterLocks)? Need Info?

I'm an African American woman. I'm seriously considering going natural (nappy aka kinky hair) with my hair. I've done it before. I'm tired of getting perms in my hair. Some of it has broken off. I'm losing it on the edges.



Does anyone know of the process of going from permed hair to locs? Is it possible to make the transition without cutting my hair and starting fresh? Are there any natural hair salons in Detroit?



Considering locs (Dreadlocs or SisterLocks)? Need Info?

hey!, I'm actually a dread....all of the women in my immediate family have sisterlocks, I'm the only oddball with dredlocks...lol..i started mine with a perm, the way that I did it was I got kinky twists done by the africans (with weave) and I kept them in for 9 months twisting the roots (and washing them thoroughly of course) as they grew...it worked very well for me, heres a link to a pic of them now.... http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t126/... hope it helps!!! god luck...whatever you do DONT use gel...it has alcohol in it that makes the hair brittle....try a pomade like elasta qp to twist....it's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++